Monday, April 27, 2009

Cosmetic Surgery - Beauty or Beast. Does cosmetic surgery improve the way you feel about your appearance.?

I am a 3rd year undergraduate mature student working on my final dissertation project. I am investigating what motivates people to undergo cosmetic surgery and how they feel about their appearance afterwards, I am asking for volunteers to complete a questionnaire if you have undergone cosmetic surgery, this will only take approx 10 mins of your time. If you are interested please email 92001592@northampton.ac.uk Thanks. Or please post your comments or answers.

Cosmetic Surgery - Beauty or Beast. Does cosmetic surgery improve the way you feel about your appearance.?
People undergo cosmetic surgery for various reasons ranging from vanity to necessity. It is usually to enhance their appearance and give them a sense of confidence, self esteem and normalcy as a member of society. There are people who have to undergo cosmetic surgery for example in road traffic accidents where their faces need repair work to be done or dental work in order for them to articulate in their speech problem. I am sure that whatever they undergo, it would definitely improve their quality of life and somehow make them 'whole' again. There are those who of course 'exploit' the beauty of their own creation by never being satisfied with their own looks and want to be forever young and beautiful in the phase of aging especially in today's context where looks matters....Hope this helps.....
Reply:I have had a double breast reconstruction after suffering breast cancer and two mastectomies. The reconstructions were classed as cosmetic, non essential surgeries. For someone in my position it was very important for me to have the chance of the surgery - even though I had to wait 3 years and 9 months on the NHS queues for it. Beforehand I felt ok about myself and got used to my new appearance (at least I was alive - even though I lost all my lovely thick, waist length hair too). I felt as if any part of me that was counted as feminine and attractive had been violated but when I saw my new reconstructed figure for the first time I cried. I was so happy and felt so much better about myself. Although I am 43 and have had 4 children I now have a firm figure of a 20 year old - and in 20/30 years time (if I'm still here) my new boobs will still be firm. My surgeon (a lady from Christie in Manchester) was excellant and any scars are small enought to be hidden under a bikini (when I am brave enough to wear one).


If you want any details re. surgeries feel free to e.mail me


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net