Friday, May 21, 2010

Why Won't My Cosmetic Tattoo Won't Stick??

I first had cosmetic tattooing of my eyebrows done about 3 weeks ago. I was careful to let the tattoo heal and used the Tattoo Lube the technician gave me. Within 4 days, once the tattoo was healed, the scab fell off...and so did my eyebrows. NONE of the color stuck.





I recently went in and had it redone at a reduced price and now that it's healing I'm getting cracks in the scab (like the last time as it healed) and it looks like it's going to do the same thing again...





Why won't this tattoo stick? Should I have it done without the anestetic? I've had 9 other tattoos and never had anything like this happen to any of them. My skin is very oily...could this be the culprit?





HELP!!

Why Won't My Cosmetic Tattoo Won't Stick??
There could be a number of reasons for this.





First off, this is a tattoo, just like any other tattoo. It should heal like any other tattoo.





Just a few questions for you. Is any ink sticking? Is it all scabbing and falling out? Does the skin feel tight? Is there any blistering? Excessive swelling? Is this a reputable place?





To me it sounds like what is probably going on is your tattoo is getting to dry, and scabbing. Scabbing is not healthy for your tattoo, neither is excessive cracking. Your tattoo should heal more like a minor sun burn with some very light PEELING.





After getting your tattoo done, about an hour and a half later you should wash your tattoo with warm water, and anti-bacterial soap. Make sure to wash it lightly, until your tattoo no longer feels slimey, then pat dry. Do this 2-3 times a day.





Apply a thin layer of ointment to your tattoo 2-3 times a day for about a week. Once it begins to feel tight, and the swelling has gone down, apply an unscented lotion (such as Lurbiderm), several times a day. Try not to allow your tattoo to dry out. Monitor it closely for the next week. After that apply lotion once or twice daily for another week or two.





This problem sounds like a combination of issues. Poor aftercare, perhaps your skin is rejecting the ink, perhaps an artist who isn't going deep enough (inexperienced or not confident), and perhaps a complication with the anestetic. It may be interferring with the ink. I always suggest not using anestetic, just take an ibuprofen!
Reply:thats what I was gonna say.. with the oils in our skin certain types of ink will not adhere to the skin. you may not be able to this process .Especially on the face..Which is the oilest at ..times at least..Contact a Dermatogist and explain to him your worries. he may be able to help you with your problem.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net